We are a group of people who love climbing, hiking, who spend time outdoors, but also want to do something for others.
We were officially registered by the court in Poland as a non-governmental organization named Stowarzyszenie „Skalny Most” ( „Rock Bridge” Association) on 19 October, 2010.
Since then, we have been collecting money to organise trips and events for young people whose life has been more complicated than ours. They live in an orphanage in Jelenia Góra. They mostly spend time at school, play computer games and don’t know how to spend time in a creative way. We want to show them it’s possible to have fun outdoors. We teach them to cooperate, to help one another, to do sports.
Since the beginning of our existence we have organized:
- a trip to Rudawy Janowickie Mountains, with the accommodation without electricity, with games, snow, cooking for the group, taking care of the fireplace to keep warm (December 2010)
- an educational trip to Szklarska Poręba and a long walk (March 2011)
- a trip to Góry Izerskie, a long way far away from the city, accommodation in a mountain shelter (June 2011)
- a trip to the Giant Mountains also with the night in a small mountain shelter, no electricity, no running water (October 2011)
- a series of activities in a gym
- many more trips in 2012
and lots of small things like playing games, walking on a slackline, going for a walk with small children.
We are constantly looking for support to be able to continue our work. We have lots of ideas.
If you want to help or have any questions, please contact us: email@example.com
Stowarzyszenie „Skalny Most”
Wita Stwosza 28/100
58-560 Jelenia Góra
44 2030 0045 1110 0000 0247 3880